Friday 10 January 2014

Terry's Chocolate Orange Cupcakes

Do you still have Christmas chocolate lurking in the cupboards?

If so, why not try baking some 'leftover chocolate' cupcakes. I made mine with Terry's Chocolate Orange Segsations, but you can substitute any chocolatey leftovers into the buttercream.

The recipe I used is the chocolate cupcake recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook (find the recipe online here) and is suitably thrifty with only 1 egg and 40g of butter. It makes 12 normal-sized cupcakes or 8 large ones using muffins cases.

Terry's Chocolate Orange Buttercream (for 12 cupcakes*)
75g Segsations
100g Icing Sugar
75g Butter

1. Melt the segments in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and leave to cool
2. Cut the butter into cubes, then sift in the icing sugar
3. Beat into buttercream, then add the cooled chocolate and mix well
4. Decorate (I used a star nozzle to pipe these)


 * This quantity would cover these cupcakes more generously than I did, but I find too much milk chocolate can be a bit sickly - I used about 2/3 of the quantity (and popped a Segsation on a few of them to compensate!)

I'm going to resist a 'they're Segsational' pun to close!

No comments:

Post a Comment