Sunday 4 August 2013

Super Thrifty Cheat's Potato Salad

This potato salad would be fairly thrifty at the best of times, but when you manage to grab some supermarket bargains (and these items are ones I commonly find in the reduced aisle, not just a one off), it costs just pennies!


Ingredients
One quarter of a tub of dip
2 spring onions
Handful of new potatoes*
Salt and pepper

*I went to thrifty extremes as I had a tin of potatoes that my Grandma had given me (don't ask why, it's a Grandma thing!) but I would recommend normal potatoes, as tinned ones are a little questionable, if very thrifty!

1. Cook and drain the potatoes (or open the tin!)


2. Dice the spring onions


3. Put the potatoes and spring onions into a bowl and mix thoroughly with the dip, season to taste


As you can see, I only paid 11p for 4 portions of dip and 11p for 3 spring onions, which makes this a pretty good way to disguise the taste of tinned potatoes make a cheat's potato salad!


No comments:

Post a Comment