Wednesday 18 April 2012

Fresh Egg Test

Whilst reading a pile of old magazines my Mum has given me, I came across this tip for checking whether your eggs are still fresh, which I thought I'd share. I hate throwing food away as it seems like such a waste, but eggs are something nobody really wants to chance, so I think this is a great tip.

'Place the egg in a bowl of water. If it: sinks and lies on its side- it's fresh; sinks and stands large-end up- it's on the turn so use within a couple of days; floats- bin it, it's gone off' (Woman & Home October 2011)

Looks like mine are still lovely and fresh:


To keep them fresh, we keep a few eggs out and ready for use in this lovely chicken basket:


And the rest in the fridge to stay fresh until they're ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment