Friday 27 April 2012

Fancy Fonts- Wedding Acceptance Card

This summer we are going to our first 'grown up' wedding (of friends, not family members). I was very excited to receive the invitation in the post and of course to make a wedding acceptance card. I've been wanted to try out drawing fancy lettering and this was the perfect opportunity.

First I cut out hearts from wrapping paper (the same paper used for my owl), stuck them on and went around them with silver glitter glue:


I then drew lines for the lettering and wrote my message out on Word to copy. The font I used here is Academy Engraved LET:


I then filled in the pencil letters with silver gel pen and left it to dry, here's the finished product:


I also had a go on this thank you card at the same font, although it's not quite lined up as I'd like. The ribbon is from a Sephora gift set I got for Christmas one year and has been waiting in my ribbons and beads box for the right moment:


Any more pretty font suggestions to work from would be most welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment