Thursday 8 March 2012

Honey Flapjacks

One of my favourite quick cook, little mess puddings is a good batch of flapjacks. You only need to use one saucepan and a baking tray and best of all, they only take 15-20 minutes in the oven.

I use this BBC Good Food recipe, which makes chewy, soft flapjacks, which I like to imagine are slightly more healthy than their golden syrup counterparts:



To make mine thriftier (after all cooking sweet treats never seems to be cheap!) I used £1 honey and £1 dried cranberries from Poundland. I know I sound like their sales rep at the moment, but there are some serious bargains to be had for us thrifty types! Plus, I now have a healthy snack for the rest of the week and something sweet for my toast.

These are good to cook alongside your dinner in the oven, as they want to be done at around 180 degrees, like lots of tasty dinners, e.g fish and leek pie.

Best of all, The Lodge now smells delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment