Wednesday 29 February 2012

Home Made Travel Journal

This year, Dave had a travel/holiday/cycle themed Birthday- including lots of new cycling kit and some books about new routes and places for us to go. I also wanted to make something, so decided to make a travel journal to replace our old one, which is full of notes, pictures and ideas:



I got a notebook for £1.29 from WH Smith:


I then wrapped it in the brown card that comes from the inside of a roll of wrapping paper to give it some strength and had fun cutting out and sticking various images from leaflets, magazines etc:



I also cut out little strips of the photos that you often get on an index sheet when you get photos printed and scattered these around:


And finally, wrapped it in sticky back plastic (not that you can really see it in the photo!) to make it a bit more durable for our travels:


I had a quick scout around Amazon and there are some lovely ones- magnetic closure, cute and quirky and Moleskine, for example, but I think you can't beat a good personalised gift for £1.29 (however much I may adore Paperchase)

Now we just need to book a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment