Saturday 28 January 2012

Chocolate Brownie Cake

Dave asked me to make him a cake today. I suggested cupcakes, he said no. I suggested muffins, he said no, even cookies were a no- usually his favourite. So I asked what he wanted. 'A whole cake, not little ones, then I can have as big a slice as I want' (now I understand!) I wanted to make brownies, but these aren't 'a whole cake'. So we compromised and I made a chocolate brownie cake from this BBC Good Food recipe.

It was decadent and delicious and I don't feel the least bit guilty about breaking my (mostly) healthy eating habits this month:

Just look at all of those delicious ingredients

Melted together (boy did I enjoy licking this spoon!)

The finished product

Slice with whipped cream, just to make it that bit naughtier

Sometimes giving in to guilty pleasures feels so good, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment