Tuesday 4 October 2011

Pancake O Clock

I am feeling very financially stretched this month after paying for a journalism course I've just started, so I don't have the money to go out and have fun, or even for any fancy baking or tasty food to keep me entertained at home. Last night, however, I was really craving a little treat, so I made these super thrifty pancakes for two:

Ingredients:
100ml milk
100ml water
1 egg
60g plain flour
1 tbsp oil (I use olive oil as this is what I usually have in the cupboard, but sunflower or corn oil would also be fine)

Method:
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, then cook in a very hot non-stick pan on one side until the pancake slides around, then flip and cook on the other side for a minute or so.

This recipe makes 4 large, thin pancakes, perfect to serve with lemon and sugar, honey or whatever your preferred topping, yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment