Friday 2 September 2011

Project Singer

I am now all moved in, finally have the Internet and am ready for my first project- Project Singer.

Meet Captain Sew:

I was lucky enough to get my hands on this 1920s Singer sewing machine, which has been converted for electric foot pedal use, from a very kind lady on Freegle*. My grandmother used to make dresses and made my mother's wedding dress skirt and I would love to learn to sew like her. For now though, I'm sticking to simple projects, like table mats:
I am hoping that with some practice I might be able to handmake some Christmas presents, maybe cloth bags or pin cushions for my fellow sewers.

* Freegle and Freecycle are two of the biggest (and best) websites which enable you to find others in your local area who can give a home to the things you no longer use (anything from wardrobes to craft pipe cleaners) or to find gems like Captain Sew for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment