Sunday 18 September 2011

Old Jeans + Captain Sew = New Denim Shorts!

Today I hacked up a pair of jeans that had a couple of big holes in and I now have a pair of way-too-short-for-my-chunky-thighs denim shorts! They still need some work, as Captain Sew couldn't quite handle the seams, or perhaps that was just the person in control... But I now have that warm and fuzzy feeling of making something new out of something old, plus not throwing out my favourite pair of jeans. Behold my first 'reconfiguration':


The hole


Still getting the hang of this...


Done! (Almost)

The seams aren't brilliant, but I think this quote (from  Lovely Things to Make for Girls of Slender Means, by Eithne Farry, a most beautiful book which I am currently reading) is apt:

‘If they are close enough to see your seams, it’s not your seams they’re looking at!’

No comments:

Post a Comment